- Financial managementt for client portfolio including planning, forecasting & analysis support. Part of Client Service Group leadership & client teams as primary finance contact point & business advisor by contributing financial insights, solutions & controls including reviewing & approving deal structures, margins, contingency & solutions & driving profit improvement plans. Collaborate with OU, sales operations & client financial mgt teams to optimize profitability & manage risk across the client portfolio.
Your role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities. You should review these in conjunction with career level guidelines to gain a clear understanding of the expectations for your role.
- Act as primary point of contact for the operating unit/growth platform leadership and client executives regarding finance related questions, issues, policies, and procedures
- Act as a business advisor to leadership on key decision by providing data and recommendations to aid decision making with focus on revenue and profitability improvement actions
- Provide advice to help achieve targets, alert the operating unit/growth platform lead and global finance leadership of significant issues and work collaboratively with stakeholders to address the issues
- Play an active role as finance representative in new business meetings and forecast review calls
- Review and analyze annual client financial plans and quarterly forecasts
- Review actual results versus plan and forecast, highlighting exception areas and identifying corrective actions
- Decide corrective actions impacting client financial performance
- Collaborate and advise operating unit/growth platform and client team leadership with decision making on sales management, pricing and delivery issues
- Communicate relevant client portfolio financial issues, results, and information to operating unit/growth platform leadership
- Collaborate with the operating unit/growth platform, client team leadership and client financial management (CFM) to maximize client profitability with a focus on continuous margin improvement
- Participate in Financial Quality Assurance Reviews, implementing corrective actions and sharing best practices
- Manage client risk, sales and backlog and working capital on the portfolio
- Educate client service group executive teams on the company financial principles
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP, Internal Controls and the company policies
- In the event of an acquisition
- Ensure successful integration of acquisition target financials onto relevant applications as well as operationalizing and tracking against the acquisition business case.
- Leverage strong accounting skill set, work with local controllership and other global entities in managing the acquired balance sheet and our net working capital position
- Supervise direct interface with CFM support to ensure end-to-end coverage, in particular identifying any early indicators of delivery issues (e.g. cost overrun; expenses; unrealistic estimated times for completions) and this is particularly critical of all legacy contracts brought over from the acquired entity
- Direct analysis and report against the impact of the acquisition on the integrated business case, relying on regional growth and other “proxy” key performance indicators and metrics
- Establish self as expert or key contributor
- Increase client/customer or user satisfaction
- Make/propose improvements to work products, services or processes
- Comply with the company standards, procedures and policies
- Meet deliverable requirements/service level measures/specific targets
- Reduce/Manage risks to tasks, activities or projects
- Build skills (self or others) needed to execute responsibilities
- Effectively coach/counsel others and provide feedback to improve performance
- Maximize individual/team productivity to build or maintain a high quality team
Career Level Expectations
Below are the expectations for all employees in this role. Please note that additional criteria may apply in some countries. If your home country appears in the “Country Specific Information” link at right, please click the country name to view the applicable expectations for this role.
Degree of difficulty of an assignment or the level of problem-solving assessment and resolution required, as indicated by degree of problem-solving, strategic vs. routine focus, and stakeholder interactions (e.g., Executives, Supervisor, etc.)
- Requires identifying and assessing complex problems for area(s) of responsibility. Creates solutions in situations in which analysis requires in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Requires involvement in setting strategic direction to establish near-term goals for area(s) of responsibility.
- Interaction is with senior management levels at a client and/or within the company, involving negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
Power to influence or complete assignments independently and ability to make decisions, as indicated by latitude to devise work products or plans, reliance on instruction and decision-making ability
- Latitude in decision-making and determination of objectives and approaches to critical assignments
Impact or Decision Impact
Risk or consequences in the event of failure, as indicated by range of expected impact, such as within a team or across a team or area of responsibility and level of risk
- Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact areas outside of own responsibility
Degree of accountability for assigned tasks, our clients and/or the organization, as indicated by size of work effort and scale of entity and/or program
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts at a client or within the company
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Financial analysis
- Financial and accounting operations management